- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted (no slide transitions, animations or ‘movements’ of any description; the slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration).
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (i.e. no raps or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through either movement or speech.
- Presentations should be delivered in English.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
The Presentation Rules are based on those developed by The University of Queensland.
Participants must present their own research, and should note that due to the nature of the competition, any data or information presented or discussed in the Competition should be considered information that will likely enter the public domain, for example, in media coverage, in subsequent University publications for the public in print and/or digital formats, and/ or on the University's websites, etc. Interested students should discuss with their research supervisors before registering for the Competition.