Maximising your HKU Scholars Hub Data
- Date & Time:
January 30, 2013 (Wed) | 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Room P6-03, Graduate House
Mr David Palmer
Head of Digital Strategies and Technical Services, University Libraries
Mr David Palmer and his team received the Knowledge Exchange Award (Non-Faculty Unit) 2012 for "The HKU Scholars Hub" project.
The HKU Scholars Hub collects and publicly displays data on all facets of HKU research and scholars. Recent enhancements mean that data in the Hub can be easily reused in a variety of different ways and purposes.
- Web Service: any data element can be extracted in batch mode from the Hub for reuse elsewhere, such as building departmental web sites
- Statistics: citation, download and view counts on publications, etc can be exported daily, weekly, or monthly, for easy comparison
Other New Features
- Visualizations & tables: interactive charts showing the extent of a scholar's network
- DOI Registration: register DOI numbers for all the papers in your HKU conference
- Professional Memberships: newly extracted from the Registry, will now display in the Hub
- Grant Data: extracted from Web of Science, will display on Hub publications
- Patents: we search other jurisdictions to find all patents corresponding to the originally registered jurisdiction
- Community Service: Input through the HKU Portal, will display in the APA/PRD and the Hub