Organizational Structure for Knowledge Exchange (KE)
The University has a well defined internal structure to support and enhance knowledge exchange (KE) activities across all disciplines.
KE Executive Group
At the management level, the Executive Group comprising the following members oversees strategic developments in KE across the whole institution:
- Professor Andy T S Hor, Vice-President and Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research) and Director of Knowledge Exchange Office
- Professor J H Bacon-Shone, Associate Director, Knowledge Exchange Office
- Dr Shin Cheul Kim, Director of Technology Transfer Office and Associate Director, Knowledge Exchange Office
KE Working Group
The KE Working Group, comprising the Executive Group members and the following representatives from Faculties and non-Faculty-based units, is responsible for co-ordinating the implementation of strategic KE initiatives:
- Dr Wilson W S Lu, Associate Dean (Research), Architecture
- Professor John Carroll, Associate Dean (Outreach), Arts
- Professor Haipeng Shen , Associate Dean (Knowledge Exchange), Business and Economics
- Professor C H Chu, Associate Dean (External Relations), Dentistry
- Dr Ida A C Mok, Associate Dean (Local Engagement), Education
- Professor S C Wong, Associate Dean (Development and External Relations), Engineering
- Professor Simon Young, Associate Dean (Research), Law
- Professor Gabriel M Leung, Dean, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
- Professor Aleksandra B Djurišić, Associate Dean (Research & Graduate Studies), Science
- Professor J H Bacon-Shone, Associate Dean (Knowledge Exchange), Social Sciences
- Ms Katherine Ma, Director of Communications, Communications and Public Affairs Office
- Mr Peter E Sidorko, Librarian, University Libraries
To effectively promote KE, a KE Network has been formed, which is expected to grow over time to include all colleagues interested in KE. Colleagues are welcome to contact the Knowledge Exchange Office if they would like to join the KE Network.
On the administration side, the Knowledge Exchange Office (KEO) supports the development of a long-term strategy for KE at the institutional level, liaises with Faculties, other academic units and administrative offices in promoting KE, and co-ordinates the University’s communication with the University Grants Committee on KE matters.